Solihull Approach in Australia
We are thrilled to be an official Solihull Approach Training Hub.
What is the Solihull Approach?
The Solihull Approach aims to increase emotional health and well-being through both practitioner and parent training. In the UK the majority of health visitors are now trained, as are many midwives, social workers and child & family practitioners.
Also whole schools have been trained as have some within the police forces, fire brigades, adult mental health and even most recently, football coaches – emotional health is not restricted to one section of the community.
Professional training available in Australia
Regular training courses in Melbourne
2 day Foundation training - early years
- Antenatal Foundation
- Foster and Adoption Foundation training
- Adult – Keeping Trauma in Mind
1 day group facilitator training to run parent groups (2 Day Foundation training required).
Choose from the following areas to specialise in:
- Parenting group Facilitators’ training
- Antenatal Parenting Group Facilitators’ training
- Foster Carer Course Facilitator’s training
- Postnatal Parenting Group Facilitators’ training
- Postnatal Plus Parenting Group Facilitators’ training
Combined specialist training
- Foster Carers Foundation and Foster Career Facilitators
- Antenatal Foundation and Parenting Group Facilitators
The following courses and seminars can be held at your workplace to suit your organisation and profession. Contact us to learn more.
- Foster care training (2 days)
- Whole School training (1 full day + twilight sessions)
- Brain development
- Understanding Trauma
- Refresher days
Online help for parents
The Solihull Approach offer online courses for parents to help grow and develop with their babies and children. They can be found here.